Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let it Snow!

We have a lot of snow on the ground, and more is on the way. The good thing about Michigan is having a 6-12 inches of snow doesn't shut us down. Sure - some people end up in ditches and on the wrong side of the road, but for the most part, we just go about our business. And snow is beautiful. It is so completely white. At least until we get involved.

As I was driving in the storm yesterday morning, I thought of something. When snow falls, we immediately run around trying to get it out of our way. We need to get somewhere, so we move the beautiful, pure, white snow out of the way. We push it aside because it's in our way.

Isn't that what we do with the blood of Jesus? It's the most beautiful, pure and innocent thing I know of, yet when I want my own way, I tend to push it aside so I can get where I want to go, forgetting the beauty. Things that are beautiful tend to lose their appeal when they are in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment