Thursday, January 8, 2009

wow

I have a name
You can know it
It's been a while since anybody asked

I love to laugh
Like you do
And my family also means the world to me

As you choose what to wear, remember I fight to stay warm
As you decide where to eat, it's my children who mourn

You have a life
I understand
God has blessed you so enjoy what He has given

Your hurts are real
As mine are
Possessions never shield a life from earthly pain

As you consider your life, would you think about mine?
As you remember my tears, maybe yours disappear.

Think of me
Let me live in your mind
Keep loving me
While others play blind

Show true religion
'Cause words don't relieve
Your actions, they heal me
Show that you believe

Think of me

I thought of the lyrics above when I read this post by Anne Jackson who actually knows Kristi. I wonder if I could love like that. I don't think any of us really know what we have in us until we are put to the test. I pray that God would help me step out of me to be used by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment