Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Out of my Routine

I've realized that I like boring. I like routine. I like doing the same things over and over again. OK. Maybe I didn't just realize that today. I think I've known it for a long time. The thing is...

I

don't

like

it

I don't like that I am OK with monotony. With routine. Jesus didn't ask His disciples to keep on doing what they were doing. He said "follow me".

I had jury duty today. No case so I didn't have to stay long. I worked from home for a bit in the morning then went to court and came home to work a bit more. I hated it. I didn't like not being around people (well, familiar people). I didn't like not being in my office. And the only reason I have is because it's... different.

At the heart of it, though, I want to be different. I want things in my life to be different. I don't like mundane. I don't like repeats. But I keep choosing it.

I want to be at the point where nothing is the same from one day to the next, and I want to embrace the new experience. I want to live a life with so much faith that before I even know the direction of my next step my foot is up and He is putting it in place.

God, I don't want to be comfortable in my routine. Let's shake it up!

1 comment:

  1. Start with some spontaneity...the spice of life, girl! Make yourself do some "crazy" (by crazy, I guess I mean out of the ordinary) things! Take a day off of work and go do something that pleases your heart (you rebel, you!!)...go away for the weekend...meet a friend for dinner and a movie DURING the week...be a "big sister"...and once that little ball starts rolllllling along, you'll find you are being called to do more things (not just for yourself, which I sense is what you want). After having kids, I lost a little of my spontaneity...but every so often it surprises me and I always have fun when I "give in". :)

    ReplyDelete