Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hard To Believe

It sure is hard to believe that another year has passed. As I reflect on the past year, at first glance it appears that nothing has changed.

But looking deeper, I realize a lot has changed. I've made some amazing new friends - a couple in particular come to mind who helped me through some rough patches.

There were things I wanted to do this year that didn't happen. That's my fault mostly. I did some things I didn't expect to do (like giving up Diet Coke - it's been 10 months - and reading the entire Bible).

While it feels like my circumstances haven't changed, I know I have. I learned a lot about who I am, and a bunch about who I am not.

I'm not going to go setting some lofty goals or resolutions that won't see the light of Monday morning. Instead, I'm going to look ahead with expectation that God is going to do amazing things in, around and through me.

18-19"Forget about what's happened;
don't keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.
It's bursting out! Don't you see it?

1 comment:

  1. It's been a good year - my measure... i do feel like i've learned more about Jesus and who He sees me as...

    I am thankful that I've gotten to know a great friend named Karen - it's been a blessing...

    Great verses 18-19... from the message it might have become one of my favorite - words i think i've used but haven't had the fully right context...

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete