Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Day

Earlier this week, I was driving to work and enjoying God's kaleidoscope of colors in the sky. The combination of color and clouds made for quite a show. It was pink, then it was orange, then it was yellow. The sunrise was truly amazing. Pictures wouldn't do it justice. It's always a pick-me-up when God shows off in nature.

The next morning, the cloud formations were a bit different, so I prepared myself to be wowed again. I drove and I waited...

And I waited...

          And I waited....

                    And I waited....

Nothin.
Nada.
Zip.
Zilch.
No colors in the sky.
No amazing light show.
No "Wow, do it again" moments.

Then it dawned on me (pun intended). The sky was white.... like a blank canvas, waiting for the Artist to begin another masterpiece. But God was waiting on me to join Him in the day before he would reveal to me what the day would hold.

Each morning is a chance for newness. A new day. A fresh start. New mercy. New grace. New compassion. New love. And a new chance to love the people put in my path to extend to them new mercy, new grace, and new compassion.

Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

1 comment:

  1. we have so many choices to make in the morning... it seems that it is so easy to miss the biggest "no brainer" ever provided...

    why is it sometimes so hard to forget that He doesn't ask us for anything - He has given us THE GIFT we just need to accept it and daily look for Him and he will carry us through the day...

    the birds wake up and sing His praise - when am i going to learn to always start my day there???

    thanks for the great visual... as i also drove into today on a white sky...

    ReplyDelete