Monday, February 8, 2010

Saying Goodbye

As far as I can tell, goodbyes are never easy. They may be good sometimes but they are never easy.

This morning I said goodbye to an old friend. We depended on each other for a long time. There were very few days we didn't spend time together - only when one of us was sick or I was out of town for work. We planned to spend our next vacation together. We traveled together. We took kids to and from church. We helped friends and family move, and even moved together once.

It's funny how we get attached to our stuff. I'm amazed at how quickly and easily it can be replaced, many times with very little thought of it again.

You may have been beat up a bit, but maybe that's why we got along. I'll miss your sun roof, your hatchback with lots of cargo space, your roof rack (even though I never used it), and I'll miss your missing mirror. Rest well, wherever you go. Goodbye old friend.

3 comments:

  1. is that the new friend in the picture or is the old friend looking very young?

    ReplyDelete
  2. greater things are yet to come...
    somehow youe words mad me sad...

    ReplyDelete